Our 2016 Photo Book has just come back from the printers. We’ve been been making one for the past 6-7 years and while it takes many hours of work (i’d estimate i spent 20 hours in total on this year’s book) and there are definitely moments of frustration, the process brings back so many lovely memories and the books themselves are some of my most precious possessions.
A few other great things about creating our yearly photo books:
* My husband helps me edit the final version & put the finishing touches on the books. It’s so fun to look back over the past year together and reminisce.
* The girls love looking through them and we have lots of beautiful conversations sparked by photos
* It encourages me to photograph our everyday life , which are often my favourite pages to look back on
* It helps me plan the images i want to take on birthdays, trips, special occasions etc and makes me realise that 5-10 great shots from each event is enough to capture the essence. This also helps me cull my photo library and keep it under control.
* Each year I’m planning to add something new to the book. This year it was family year end interviews (which were so fun to do with ice cream sundays on New Years day!) and next year i’m planning to add a page of the girl’s artwork.